Thursday, February 25, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Yesterday Lori got an email from Agape (http://www.agapeflights.com/) informing us that since they have had a constant stream of donations since the earthquake that ALL donations sent for a specific mission for relief will be flown in FREE by them. I was wanting to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to get stuff out here so RHFH can continue to bless the people of Cazale through this time…
SO. I made a wish list on Walmart’s website and set it up with our biggest needs right now. These would be:
*Pillows- for the patients we have been taking off the comfort ship.
*Vitamins- 4 different kinds, including prenatal, which we have been out of for 6 months.
*6 Purpose Flashlights- These would be given to all of RHFH’s staff. They are self-powered and have a radio, cell-phone charger, flashlight and more.
*2 scales. Every patient who comes through clinic is weighed and the kids in the RC are weighed every Saturday. The scales here are old and we need new ones.
*Cloth diapers… we are having people sew diapers also but would love to try a few of these to see if they are worth buying in bulk. So if you don’t sew but you wanted to give items, here’s your chance
If you are interested in helping in this way, I have written out step-by-step directions on how you can find our wish list and purchase the items online. It would be more efficient for shipping costs to have a haiti fundraiser at your school or church or even amongst your friends and family to raise money in the next couple weeks and then buy the items online in bulk according to your budget. I picked out specifically every item and the quantity we are shooting for. You have to buy it online for this to work and it must be sent to the address I’ve set up for Agape to send it to Haiti… we are trying to get these things here as soon as possible so the ending date for this wish list is the 10th of March. Thanks so much in advance and here is the directions…
1. Go to http://www.walmart.com/
2. Click on the “Wish List” link under the “Gift Cards & Registry” tab across the top of the page.
3. Type in “Davis” for the first name, and “Zachary” for the last name.
4. Only one wish list comes up- that’s us! Click on Davis Zachary and it will bring you to our wishlist.
5. Scroll down and you will see the things available for purchase and take your pick. Put the quantity of your purchase in the box next to the item(s) you’d like to buy.
6. Once you’ve finished shopping, press “add to cart.”
7. Your cart will come up and show you what you have selected. Press “proceed to checkout.”
8. If you already have a walmart account online, sign in and proceed to purchase If you don’t, press “continue”.
9. Enter your info and don’t forget to un-check the box which allows Walmart to send you 14,792 emails a day Press continue.
10. I set it up so the purchased items will be sent to agape flights in Venice, please don’t change that! Select “standard shipping” and “continue.”
11. Choose the way you would like to pay and press “continue.”
Now it will confirm your purchase, make sure you get confirmation that the purchase went through and then, viola! Your donation is on its way to Cazale Haiti!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
This is Rose-Guerline. She shouldn't have died. Her legs weren't bandaged because of an injury from the earthquake. They were bandaged because they were splitting open because of how swollen they were from a lack of protein in her diet. Kwash kills. Her skin was peeling and her raw flesh made her wince in pain when she moved. She could tell us her story, she could ask us for food and water. And yet her body couldn't recover...